Since the onset of this pandemic, all of us have to re-route our priorities and find new ways to not disrupt our lives completely. As a student, especially a JEE aspirant, the time running out might take a toll on your mental state. There is nothing like watching your dream slip away and not be able to do anything about it. How will we prepare in time with no classes? is the question many are wondering. The exam preparation surely has taken a back seat but it doesn’t have to stop entirely. Also, staying at home has its own disadvantages. There are a lot of distractions. So, here are a few tips to improve your concentration level to make the best of the time you have:
– Do not procrastinate. Create a daily schedule or time-table the previous night. Leave ample time to enjoy other things too but be strict with yourself when it comes to studying.
– Try E-Learning. There are various schools and coaching institutes who are shifting to e-learning so that students do not have to press pause on their education. Since they might get overburdened if the studies only resume post the lockdown. Coaching institutes like FIITJEE have gone online with their classes, which is great news for JEE aspirants. You can enrol in their classes and start your preparation.
– Make a schedule. Disciplining yourself is essential so that you don’t lag behind. Make a schedule and stick to it. Take intervals between studying to not overburden.
– Create a Study Area. It is easy to lose focus when you are at home. One way to solve that problem is to find a place in the house where you can’t see any sort of distractions in your peripheral vision. Situate your work station there and study.
– Do not miss doing assignments or the homework you are provided by your teachers through the online classes. Note down the problems or the doubts you are facing and clear them in your next class. You can even learn from what doubts others have so be attentive and participative.
– Practice as much as possible. myPAT, which is India’s largest learning and assessment platform for competitive and scholastic exams, is offering Free Test series for JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, NTSE (Stage-II), NTSE (Stage-I), and Fundamentals of Engineering & Medical (for Students of Class IX & X). These tests are great for practising and evaluating your own performance.
For students who were going for the April 2020 attempt, it is a great window to further go through the topics and practise as much as you can. Make the best out of the situation presented to you.